Kelimutu Lake Adventures
Kelimutu is one of the mountains listed as a thousand in Indonesia which are mountains more than 1.000 meters high.The area is said to have begun to attract attention after being noticed by a regional Dutch military commander, B. van Suchtelen in 1915 and became more well-known after Y. Bouman wrote about the site in 1929.
The closest airports are Maumere, and Ende. There are regular flights to Ende from Bali. The drive from Ende to Moni, the town at the base of Kelimutu where accommodation is available, takes about 3 hours. The lakes have been a source of minor phreatic eruptions in historical time. The summit of the compound 1639m high Kelimutu volcano is elongated two km in a WNW-ESE direction; the older cones of Kelido and Kelibara are located respectively three km to the north and two km to the south. The scenic lakes are a popular tourist destination.
Kelimutu is also of interest to geologists because the three lakes have different colors yet are at the crest of the same volcano.According to the local officer at Kelimutu National Park, the colour changes as a result of chemical reactions resulting from the minerals contained in the lake perhaps triggered by volcano gas activity,Kawah Putih lake in West Java, south of Bandung, is another crater lake in Indonesia with some similarities to the lakes at Kelimutu.The volcano contains three striking summit crater lakes of varying colors. Tiwu Ata Mbupu (Lake of Old People) is usually blue and is the westernmost of the three lakes. The other two lakes, Tiwu Nuwa Muri Koo Fai (Lake of Young Men and Maidens) and Tiwu Ata Polo (Bewitched or Enchanted Lake) are separated by a shared crater wall and are typically green or red respectively. The lake colors vary on a periodic basis. Subaqueous fumaroles are the probable cause of active upwelling that occurs at the two eastern lakes.
3D / 2N KELIMUTU TOUR ITINERARY
Day 01st : Denpasar(Bali) - Maumere/Ende - Moni (overnight)
- We will pick you up from your hotel in Bali and transfer to the airport.
- Pick you up from Hotel in Bali depend on the flight schedule
- Transfer to the airport to fly to Maumere Or Ende duration around 2 hours
- When you arrive there you will be welcomed by our Local Guide and our Guide will drive you to Ende to the local restaurant for having lunch.
- After Lunch we will take you to Moni to check in the hotel and over night
Day 02nd : Moni - Kelimutu - Bena (overnight)
- Morning Call around 04:00am and we will drive you to Kelimutu and trekking around 30 minutes to see the Kelimutu three amazing colors lake with beautiful sunrise on the top. You have time to enjoy this beautiful and amazing view around 2 hours
- After finish we will take you back to your hotel to have breakfast and check out from hotel
- From Moni we will drive you to Bena Village.
- Bena Village is situated about 16km from Bajawa at the foot of Mount Inerie, Bena is the most famous and also is the most visited village in Ngada Regency. Bena Traditional Village its impressive stone formations and ancestral shrines, as well as traditional houses, Bena village has turned into a signpost for Ngada culture. After that we will over night in Bena traditional village at the peopleâ€™s house.
Day 03rd : Bena - Maumere - Denpasar
- After Visit Bena Village we will take you back to Maumere/Ende for flght back to Bali.
- Arrive at Bali Ngurah Rai airport we will take you back to your hotel in Bali.
Trip are includes:
- Return airfare from Denpasar
- Airport transfers in Bali and Flores
- All sightseeing tours as per itinerary
- Full board meals (breakfast, lunch and dinner)
- Entrance fees
- Mineral water
- English speaking guide
What to Bring :
- Small size of luggage
- Some cash
- Sun cream
- Sun glasses
- Seasick tablets
- Copy of your passport
- Malaria medicine (only a suggestion)